Mrs. Olayinka Linda Patunola – Ajayi (nee Aluko) was born in 1963 to the family of Aluko in Ilesa, Osun State. She is currently the Assistant Director of Lands with Lagos State Government. She obtained Ordinary National Diploma and Highest National Diploma in Estate Management from the Lagos State College of Science and Technology, now Lagos State Polytechnic in 1983 – 1985 and 1986 – 1988 respectively. She proceeded to Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma where she obtained Masters of Business Administration (MBA) in 2000. Mrs. O. L. Patunola – Ajayi is a Fellow of the Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors & Valuers (FNIVS) and a Registered Estate Surveyors and Valuers (RSV)
In leadership role, she has occupied many positions of leadership in and outside her profession some of which include;
· Dining Room Prefect, Notre Dame Girls Secondary School, Oro 1979 / 1980.
· Hon. Treasurer, Lagos State Branch, Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers. (NIESV). 2007/2008.
· Member Continuing Professional Development Committee NIESV Lagos State Branch, 2005/2006.
· Secretary, Continuing Professional Development Committee NIESV, Lagos State Branch 2006 / 2007.
· Chairman, Finance Committee, NIESV, Lagos State Branch 2007 / 2008.
· Assistant National Treasurer, Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers (NIESV) 2007 / 2009.
· Vice Chairman, Finance and General Purpose Committee, 2007 / 2009.
· National Treasurer, Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers (NIESV), 2010/2011
· Chairman, Finance and General Purpose Committee, 2009/2010.
· Member, Committee on Government and non – Governmental Matters 2007 / 2008.
· Assistant Secretary, African Real Estate Society (AFRES) (West African Chapter). 2007/2008.
1) As an Assistant Director/ Assistant General Manager in charge of Monitoring and Compliance with the new Lagos Sate Tenancy Law, Criminal Law and other relevant Laws in Lagos State, below are list of my responsibilities;
· Maintenance of the two-storey office building of the department, Maintenance of the generator and facilities as well as renewal of its tenancies.
· Registration of all Estate Agents in Lagos State serving a population of over 16 million people.
· Handling welfare of over thirty (30) personnel of the organization.
· Attending to complaints/petitions on real estate transactions.
· Securing warehouses for the state in the 3 senatorial districts.
· Preparation of regulations for the administration and management of Lagos sate staff quarters.
2) As an Assistant Director in the Lands Bureau in Lagos State, I am saddled with the following responsibilities;
· Land Administration & Management of several Industrial Schemes including, Ogba, Central business District, Alausa, Ikeja. I equally handled renewal of leases and enforcement of obligations in the deed of sublease.
· I was the officer in charge of preparing, sending and collection of ground rent.
· I also process and prepare certificates of occupancy for state and private land.
· I handled the revocation and valuation for compensation of properties along the Mile 12 to Ikorodu town for construction of the 6 lanes and light rail World Bank project.
· I ensure the maintenance of standby generators, air-conditioning systems, cleaning and security of the office.
3) As a Chief land officer in the Lands Bureau, Lagos State I executed the following jobs;
· Valuation of Industrial and residential premises for rating purposes in Lagos Island, Apapa-Iganmu, Apapa Local Government Areas of Lagos State.
· I supervised the issuance of rating demand notice which I signed, and distributed.
· Valuation of Governors office (Lagos House)
· Valuation of Lagos State Residential Properties comprises of over Seven (7) Thousand units.
· Management of staff quarters including high rise block of flats.
4) As an Assistant Chief Land Officer with Lagos State Lands Bureau, the following were my duties;
· I was directly in charge of processing Governors consents for deeds of assignment, mortgage of properties, sublease of properties, power of attorney, deed of gift, property sub-division etc.
· I led the team that handled excision and resettlement of towns and villages where there are compulsory acquisitions of lands for government projects: this involved revocation of rights and payment of compensation.
5) As the acting Head of Estate department, I was responsible as;
· Project manager of Abraham Adesanya Housing Estate, Oba Adekunle Oyekan Housing Estate, Lekki Phase I, and Lekki phase II.
· Management of all existing Lagos State Housing Estates including water scheme, electricity supply, cleaning, security, and resolution of conflicts which often arise.
· I valued different units regularly to determine the market worth.
· I headed the marketing departments in charge of sale.
6) As a manager of in charge of Daniyan Associates – Lagos Office;
· I was in charge of execution of all jobs
· I handled many valuations of assets of companies such as Sona Breweries, the defunct Daily Times of Nigeria Plc, Oyo and Ondo States of Nigeria.
· Management of all the properties of Royal Exchange nationwide. I also handled the letting and maintenance of the facilities.
· Renovation and Management of the Daily times building at kakawa street, Lagos State.
· I successfully concluded many agency transactions.
· As a junior staff, I inspect properties with prospective tenants, collection of rents, routine inspection and apportionment of bills respectively.
Mrs. Olayinka Linda Patunola – Ajayi was appointed as a member, Review Committee on Public Presentation and Stakeholders meeting on the Comprehensive Infrastructure Master Plan for Lekki Peninsula Sub – Region by the Lagos State Government 2008.
In July, 2011 she received an Award from the Ondo State Branch of the Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers in recognition of her contribution to the profession of Estate Surveying and Valuation in Nigeria.
Mrs. O. L. Patunola – Ajayi is a member of many local and international professional bodies notably;
· NIESV – Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors & Valuers,
· IFMA – International Facility Management Association,
· AFRES – African Real Estate Society,
· FIABCI – International Federation of Real Estate,
· IRWA – International Right of Way Association.
She is a member of Prestigious Ikoyi Club 1938 (Golf Club). Her hobbies include reading, writing, listening to Gospel music and playing Golf. She is happily married and blessed with children.